RE: Crappy/Krappy

From: Kate M ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 01/02/05-02:36:37 PM Z

I must say that I agree with Schuyler here - in a related topic, it's
been said that beginning photographers who have only used digital tend
to produce ten times more frames but delete twenty times more than us
crusty old traditionalists; does this mean that the discipline of film
wil be lost to future generations? And does the ability to bang off 20
shots and get one good one indicate any grasp of basic photographic
principles?
It is certainly true that taking advantage of serendipity is a big part
of all artistic endeavour, but it has to be a controlled process.
"the point is that the krappy kamera itself
should introduce some softness/abberation/flare, you know, something
that
adds some weird charm to the image quality. Lack of control and
cheapness
are important attributes."....note however that Dan says "important
attributes" rather than "essential attributes" :)

Kate