Re: Crappy/Krappy

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 01/05/05-04:25:06 AM Z

I also wanted to say something about the idea that to a viewer/buyer of
art, the technique is irrelevant. I think this is surely true of
painting, but less true of photography and especially less true of
alternative photographic processes. If you think serious photography
collectors buy platinum prints only because of the picture, and that a
digital print of the same image would suit them as well, I suspect you
don't understand the mentality of the typical collector of photographs.
By the same token, if I thought that people bought my work only because
they like the images, I would be deluding myself. They are also drawn to
the idea, the mystique if you will, of the gum printing process.