Re: Photogravure

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 01/06/05-07:53:51 PM Z

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Eric S. Theise wrote:
....there is a newer book out, Morrish and MacCallum,
> Copper Plate Photogravure: Demystifying the Process, that does really
> quite a good job of presenting the process. I recommend it to my
> students because, while my handouts are good and appropriate, they're
> no substitute for an entire book on the subject.
>
> Published by Focal Press, ISBN 0-240-80527-5.

Said book very favorably reviewed in Post-Factory #9, not least because
excellent color illustrations show the stages in process clearly... as
(noted by for instance Bob Schramm in his story of learning daguerreotype)
is usually impossible to describe, must be seen.

Judy