Re: Krappy Kamera Show (I juried it)

From: SteveS ^lt;sgshiya@redshift.com>
Date: 01/10/05-01:43:35 AM Z

Weston did his prints withe a dangling light bulb and one print frame. He
had a couple lenses for a 'bellows extention camera.' His ethics was to
make pictures that were not fuzzy or lacking in full tonality.

The foreground was as clear as the backgroun, and development was
'complete.' In no way would he have had any contempt for pictures that were
clear and well developed no matter what camera was used. One of his pals
used a cigar box with a hole in it.

My comment was a double edged sword. The proof is in the application, it
cuts both ways. Unified and pure, not some clarity and some 'fancy
justification' because the camera wasn't the best.

I have seen good pics from all sorts of cameras, and don't put that down.

S. Shapiro

PS I wish I could see the show. I'll tell my NYC friends.