RE: digimarc question

From: joachim oppenheimer ^lt;joachim2@optonline.net>
Date: 01/13/05-09:02:41 PM Z

I am no Ansel Adams or Michalangelo but I do not copyright or mark my work,
either. It is protected by law and marks do not really increase that
protection. Three of my signed photographs disappeared from the storeroom
of a museum and appeared for sale on the Internet. I could easily prove,
by possession of negatives and records and handwriting on the mounts, that
the pix were mine and then spend a few years litigating. I have copyrighted
a book, but that's a different matter. Joachim