Re: digimarc question

From: Gordon J. Holtslander ^lt;holtsg@duke.usask.ca>
Date: 01/13/05-09:33:17 PM Z

Have a look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_watermark

A digital watermark can be invisible. Its intent is to add hidden
information that one can use to prove creation (and thus copyright) of a
digital image.

Its part of the technology known as image steganography
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steganography

Steghide might work:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/steghide/

Its free, works on unix and windows

This technology has a bit of a bad name because of its alleged use by
terrorists.

http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,41658,00.html

Gord

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Susan Huber wrote:

> Hello Marc,
> Can you tell me and the rest how one can access the digimarc process? Does it protect against illegal use of your images?
> Thanks, Susan

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2