Re: a versatile surfactant that kills bubbles

From: Jack Fulton ^lt;jefulton1@comcast.net>
Date: 01/16/05-08:31:04 AM Z

Ryuji:
        For sure I'm not knowledgeable about all those surfactant formulae and
habits,
but, a long time ago, in a JOBO newsletter, one person said the secret
to spreading
liquid emulsion was to add a few drops of good quality heavy cream to
the batch being
used for coating. I presumed it had something to do with emulsified
fats or something t
o do with casein that allowed the material to spread smoothly.
        I have always wondered if the final emulsion could go 'bad' and sour
after the final
processing but maybe it all washes out in the end.
        Jack Fulton