Re: Re: Author frustration.

From: Jim Strain ^lt;jstrain@iquest.net>
Date: 01/16/05-07:46:31 AM Z

George: Without attempting to get into a big debate, what was odd about
Martha's conviction is that it was ***NOT*** for insider trading, e.g.,
using Sam's tip and profiting (or not losing). She was not convicted of
tippee liability. Instead she was convicted of perjury because she lied
about what turned out not to be tippee liability. I still do not believe
that, but for her celebrity, she would have done time. No denying she
committed perjury. Jim