Re: tempera interests

From: Alex Chater ^lt;alex.chater@macunlimited.net>
Date: 01/17/05-12:29:11 PM Z

I find that I cannot get a full range of tone on a single coat any way. I
find it good to have a printer for the shadow and a printer for the mid to
high light. The roller is the method I use. I find that it needs to be
rolled out in a similar fashion as you would roll out printing ink. As
tempera print is really a multi layer process you can build your image in
thin
coats.
In practice don't overload the roller and roll it out in a logical
manner, lightening the pressure as you go. In the end you allow the roller
to glide quickly across he surface with as little pressure as possible.
Spread it first and then polish it up as it were, try to roll in one
direction
only, particularly at the beginning. You can get a very smooth finish and
thin. When its gone smooth and you have done a fair number of speeder
passes, stop and dry it, done.

Alex