Re: tempera interests

From: Tim O'Neill ^lt;rivervalleyimages@msn.com>
Date: 01/17/05-08:31:23 PM Z

Allex,
do you mean you use a separate neg or just a separate exposure for the
shadows, mids, and highs? So far I have found four exposure is the minimum
to even get close to decent blacks and I still am not concerned with
blocking the highlights so I have more I could go. It lends itself to full
color nicely. So far I have not been using cmyk but two exposures each of
RGB. As I saind I am closing in.

when you use the roller in a fashion like rolling out printer ink do are you
using a foamy of or a soft rubber like a brayer. It seems if I get the
viscosity close to what I would use if I were producing a monoprint i have
better luck. I will have to go back to the roller and practice. If you
truly can get a smooth thin coating I truly am missing somehting in the
"technique side. Thanks for you input.

tim