Re: silver prints

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 01/21/05-02:10:23 PM Z

From: Patrick Jan Van Hove <janvanhove@janvanhove.com>
Subject: Re: silver prints (Re: ULF photography)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:26:34 +0100

> Hm... Sounds familiar... A little Digital vs film, anyone ?
> Nothing new under the sun, it seems... :)

Hey, before making fun of me, what about those who work with wet
plates, salted papers, albumen prints and Daguerreotypes!

I don't agree with what Bill William said. Except for some very
knowledgeable early pioneers people generally had hard time getting
decent quality prints using silver gelatin for first few decades. I
suppose this is what is reflected in the quotes in the Gerry
Giliberti's post. Lack of experience among users is another thing but
platinum prints looked better to photographers in those days.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"People seldom do what they believe in.  They do what is convenient,