Re: Fog?

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 01/21/05-02:29:17 PM Z

Practice would suggest this is not true, at least when one takes into
consideration the substrate. I have managed to get some level of fog
from time to time with several iron based processes, including VDB,
kallitype and palladium with working conditions where the possibility
of contamination was very low.

Now, if one accepts the theory that the contamination is possible via
the substrate this might be correct. However, the fog that that I
have seen in these processes is more often caused by the conversion
of fesidual ferric salts to iron hydroxide in an alkaline environment
than by the paper itself.

Sandy King