Re: silver prints

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 01/21/05-02:52:34 PM Z

From: Patrick Jan Van Hove <janvanhove@janvanhove.com>
Subject: Re: silver prints
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:44:01 +0100

> Not making fun, just commenting on the fact that "new amateur stuff" and
> "old professional stuff" has been in conflict for a while...

Yeah I understood. Didn't add :-) but hoped it would be obvious I
wouldn't care if anyone made fun of silver gelatin. Indeed, I started
making emulsions when my friends made fun of me still shooting film
and then saying films would go away. Today few people tell me that
there won't be any more films any more, because it's pointless to tell
me that.

By the way I do shoot digital as well. Handmade emulsion is good for
selected few images but I can't print party pics with them.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"People seldom do what they believe in.  They do what is convenient,