Re: Scopick - the book

From: davidhatton ^lt;davidhatton@superonline.com>
Date: 07/09/05-11:44:09 AM Z

Hi all who replied and thank you.

At the moment, for me, Gum printing is a bit like welding whilst riding
a bike - in a hammock! I have next to my bed all the issues of Post
Factory thanks to my daughter (and Judy of course) who ordered it for me
as a gift. I am also a regular visitor to all youz guysez websites. The
information on the internet in invaluable (you just need to know what to
ask for) as is that in Post Factory. I have also had help from people
off list for which I am truly grateful. I AM making some progress but it
seems to me that the more involved in this thing the less satisfied one
is and the process becomes more and more difficult!

I saw several websites which mentioned Scopick as a 'must have' document
which is why I was prompted to pay a visit to our friends at Amazon.I
didn't even think about Silverprint selling it cheaper. Very strange.

I have read the chapter in the Ansel Adams book which confused me
greatly so given the feedback, I think I'll hang onto my cash and stick
with the sources I know. I suppose I expected it (the book) to be the
silver bullet but I am beginning to see that there just isn't one (you
can't get anything past me! Sharp as a tack :-) .

Anyway, thanks again and I promise that as soon as I finish a reasonably
respectable image I'll post it somewhere. I may even write a book already.

I join Judy in wishing peace and love to those effected by the bombings
and pray that all this crap will come to an end someday.

David H