Re: APIS, hydroquinone hardening

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 07/14/05-08:41:38 AM Z

Martin and Ryuji,

Hmmm....food for thought.

Martin, so our silver developers that contain hydroquinone harden the
cornea? Bummer...is there no safe hardening agent out there? How about
chrome alum?

Ryuji, re: fog, if it completely hardens the gum layer applied then it would
be useless, but if it just hardens a bit of the layer that is in contact
with the paper, then that could just be developed out. That's one thing gum
has going for it--it is not a one shot deal. There are always variables
along the way. The only way I'll be able to find out is when my
hydroquinone order arrives from B and S. But your point about glut
hardening slowly and not instantly is an important one.
Chris