Re: APIS, hydroquinone hardening

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 07/15/05-01:47:10 AM Z

From: MARTINM <martinm@SoftHome.net>
Subject: Re: APIS, hydroquinone hardening
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 08:32:36 +0200

> So what do we do about "tanning development"?

I might have read this differently in my previous post.

If you meant where to place tanning development between bleach and
tanning, it's tanning. Also, for photographic purposes, tanning =
crosslinking = hardening. The word tanning is more commonly used when
hardening is achieved as a result of development. This is probably
because oxidized developing agents in the form that can crosslink
gelatin can also polymerize and these make colored insoluble products.