Re: BOBs post about POP.......................DuPont Velour Black

From: MARTINM ^lt;martinm@SoftHome.net>
Date: 07/18/05-12:01:46 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: Randy Hendrix
To: martinm@SoftHome.net
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: BOBs post about POP.......................DuPont Velour Black

> I don't know if you are familiar with that POP but it is probably a silver
> chloride > emulsion with some other silversalts such as citrate, tartrate,
> etc. and will have >excess silver present.. and typically will need it
> there during exposure and >processing. I am also more or less set up for
> their production and could easily do > some testing I imagine.

No, I am not familiar with POP and I have no idea how to handle silver
citrate etc. in that context. If it was a purely silver chloride based
emulsion (and in case you would want to stay with a silver chloride
emulsion), you could change the ferric EDTA bleach to:

Ferric EDTA..............20g
zinc chloride...............10g
water...........................1L

I didn't quite understand the "excess silver present". Are you saying, when
it gets into the developing solution it will set off physical development?

Martin

****
Hi Martin,

I don't know if you are familiar with that POP but it is probably a silver
chloride emulsion with some other silversalts such as citrate, tartrate,
etc. and will have excess silver present.. and typically will need it there
during exposure and processing. I am also more or less set up for their
production and could easily do some testing I imagine.

That has been another thing on the to do list... for way too long.

I am very interested in both of these posts and your ideas.

BTW, did Ryuji go away or are you still going at it off list?

Thanks, and see you again at a latter time, somewhere else!

Randy "Ray"

BOBs post:

Martin, I have some old Centennial POP which is showing significant
fog.

I understand that it has extremely fine AgX crystals. I don't know if
they use a chloride or bromide salt to make it. Might a rehalogenating bath
work on it?

Can you recommend a formula?
CHEERS!
BOB