Re: DuPont Velour Black AND POP

From: MARTINM ^lt;martinm@SoftHome.net>
Date: 07/18/05-11:49:25 AM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: BOB KISS
To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 2:02 PM
Subject: RE: DuPont Velour Black AND POP

> I understand that it has extremely fine AgX crystals. I don't know if
they
> use a chloride or bromide salt to make it. Might a rehalogenating bath
work
> on it?

You might give it a try. Since those ferric EDTA bleaches are routinely
applied on fogged Lippmann layers, the extremely fine AgX crystals you
mentioned should not be much of a problem.

> Can you recommend a formula?

The two ferric EDTA bleaches I mentioned.

Martin

DEAR MARTIN & RICHARD,
Please note that developer type also influences how much fog will occur on
older papers. For example I have decade old Azo paper which appears fogged
when developed in Dektol but not in Formulary 130. I am guessing this has
to do with whether the developer works on the latent image sites on the
surface of the silver halide crystals or if it has a high concentration of
Sodium Sulfite, a complexing agent, which dissolves some of the crystals
allowing for development of internal latent image sites. The relative
concentration of KBr in the dev also influences the fog level.
Sooooooooo try a few significantly different developers and, by all means,
try Martin's rehalogenating bath.
****Martin, I have some old Centennial POP which is showing significant fog.
I understand that it has extremely fine AgX crystals. I don't know if they
use a chloride or bromide salt to make it. Might a rehalogenating bath work
on it? Can you recommend a formula?
CHEERS!
BOB

 Please check my website: http://www.bobkiss.com/