RE: Comments please?

From: Kate M ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 07/24/05-02:38:01 PM Z

Thank you Hamish. I haven't forgotten how helpful you were at the start.
I love this list for the sharing....
I have had some images that I liked because of the stain as well, but
decided that because they were stained, they weren't "done proper". I
should remember that when people smear canvas with their fingers and
throw paint at it nobody tells them it wasn't "done proper"!

In terms of the "objectness" of gum prints, that's why I have stuck with
the process. I am always disappointed by the way the prints look online
compared to the way they look in the hand. I don't know if you saw the
duotones of my granddaughter, but they were by far and away the best
prints I had done until this last suite.

Apart from my prints, I have only ever seen a handful of gumprints in
the flesh, as I don't know any other Kiwi practitioners, and Oz is two
hours and $550 away by plane! I did a workshop with John Pollard at RMIT
three years ago, and that was the first time I had seen the real thing.

Cheers
Kate

--