RE: on the bright side -- was Re: Kodak B&W Paper Discontinued? News from Ilford at least...

From: Kate M ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 07/24/05-09:24:31 PM Z

Judy said:
Oh, and a note to Kate -- your comment about not having seen the "real
thing" when you began gum printing made me think, what the hell is the
"real thing" in gum? IME, gum styles tend to be so different that it's
possible to possibly divine the printer from the print. You might do
that
with SG from the content, like, say, a Solgado or a Wegman, but not so
easily I daresay from the print.

Maybe I ought to have said - an actual gum print made by someone other
than myself, not a reproduction or digital image of one......:)
You are right, printing styles in gum seem to be as individual as
painting styles.
Kate