Fugitive pigments

From: David & Jan Harris ^lt;david.j.harris2@ntlworld.com>
Date: 07/25/05-10:31:59 AM Z

Given that watercolour pigments are affected by light, and when we expose a
gum print we expose the pigments to a lot of UV; probably more UV light than
a watercolour print probably gets over a period of a year; will some of the
pigments already have faded by the time we have finished a gum print, or
would more occur later? I know this will vary with different pigments, but I
am interested in the general rule. Do manufacturers test the pigment by
intense exposure to light (or UV)?

Jan