Re: RE: printer message?

From: FDanB@aol.com
Date: 07/26/05-03:58:13 PM Z

>My Epson 2200 just gave me a message "Parts inside your printer are near the
>end of their service life. Contact your dealer for replacement" Anyone have
>experience with this?

Usually this means you've saturated the waste ink tray via cleaning
cycles and general usage. You need to replace or clean (probably the
former on the smaller printers) the waste ink collectors and/or their
absorbent diaper material.

On the bigger printers there is a "secret" code to reset the printer so
it'll work again. I did this on my aging 7000. After doing about a
zillion cleaning cycles owing to krappy third party pigments (the company
will go unnamed), I got that message. Fortunately, I was able to clean
the waste ink pads and put it back in operation with the code. I don't
know if there is a way to do that on the 2200 or not. You might check on
an Epson Printer Forum (www.dpreview.com would be a good starting place)
to see what the experts say.

Good luck and please let us know what you discover.

Dan

www.danburkholder.com
www.TinyTutorials.com

----
"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted
me."
-- Nathaniel Lee
(on being consigned to a mental institution, ca. 17th cen.)