Re: Best Way to Post Prints?

From: Dave Rose ^lt;cactuscowboy@bresnan.net>
Date: 07/30/05-07:52:38 AM Z

I use my Kodak digital camera to copy large prints, negatives, etc... A
simple copystand with lights or a light box is used. I lay a Kodak control
strip (grayscale with color patches) next to the print I'm copying. Then
I'll bring the image into Photoshop, correct color balance & contrast and
then crop out the control strip.

Quality is more than adequate for posting on websites. Final image size
needs to be adjusted for web use. Most digital cameras will produce huge
images that won't fit onto the average computer screen. To get an idea of
proper sizes for web use, go to any website with photos. Right-click on a
photo and select "Properties". That will give you image size in pixels.

The images on this page were captured in this fashion.
http://www.alternativephotography.com/artists/dave_rose.html

Best regards from Big Wonderful Wyoming,
Dave Rose