Re: Why Winsor & Newton?

From: Editor P.O.V. Image Service ^lt;editor@p-o-v-image.com>
Date: 06/01/05-12:39:32 AM Z

Dave Rose wrote:

>I've used both and prefer the powder pigment. It's
>much less expensive, easy to weigh, not much more difficult to mix into gum
>solution and yields excellent results. I've used many different brands of
>powder pigment, including Winsor & Newton....
>

>.. Their powder pigment was not so
>easy to get. It required a special order from dealer. It works fine but so
>do other brands at less cost.

One advantage of powdered pigments is that they are significantly less
likely to be formulated with filler and dispersal agents, etc. as part
of the "retail sale" powdered pigment. Fillers and dispersal agents are
simply more likely to be added to retail tube paints.. The reasons are
relatively obvious.
Keith

Keith Krebs

"Just some guy," caretaker of the Multiverse's largest EPSON printer
User Community (highly recommended by Vogon Poets and MegaDodo
Publications), at:
and the Multiverse's largest Canon printer User Community at: