RE: what I've learned about cyanotype thru PDN

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 06/05/05-07:07:21 PM Z

Chris said "So I think you may be talking about humidity being a speed
benefit (for sure in pt/pd, maybe in cyanotype) vs. uneven moisture, which
is not."

Oh master (although not of pt/pd printing), Not always. One needs to make a
distinction between PT and PD when talking speed and relationship to
humidity. PT is slower at high humidity than at low humidity. PD is slower
at low humidity and faster at higher humidity. Both have relatively flat
speed changes in the 50% range. This is one reason that printing PT/PD
printing at 50 to 60% will produce prints that don't change speed due to
humidity. Another aspect of PT/PD is change in color based upon RH.

If you make your prints with only trace amounts of PT then you may indeed
have a hard time seeing either speed or color changes due to humidity.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226