Re: yellow pigment for gum

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 06/06/05-11:00:19 AM Z

(Katharine said) The PY 139 is only
> semitransparent, and the "new gamboge" by which I assume you mean the
> new paint that M. Graham now markets under the name "gamboge" can't
> possibly be as transparent as the PY110, since both of the pigments it
> contains are only semi- transparent.

Katharine,
How much difference do you think going from a transparent to a semi
transparent pigment would actually make, when the pigment is mixed in gum
and applied thinly? I suppose I could test this by just brushing the two
over a dark layer and seeing the effect, but if you've already done a side
by side test that'd save me some time. The reason why I ask this is because
the cad colors and nickel titanate are realllly opaque, but in thin layers
you can still see through them.
Chris