Re: yellow pigment for gum

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 06/06/05-02:58:58 AM Z

Chris, I when I said there was no other pigment like PY110, I didn't
just mean there was no other pigment of the same hue, I meant (and said,
I think) that I'm not aware of any other pigment of the same hue with
the same lightfastness and transparency. The PY 139 is only
semitransparent, and the "new gamboge" by which I assume you mean the
new paint that M. Graham now markets under the name "gamboge" can't
possibly be as transparent as the PY110, since both of the pigments it
contains are only semi- transparent. I always prefer single-pigment
paints to mixtures; it seems kind of odd to use a light yellow and an
orange to make the same hue as you could get better with a single
pigment. But, each to his own,
Katharine