Re: Boiling gelatin

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 03/11/05-02:19:59 PM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

 The same thing might happen if you just
> treated the paper with hot water.

Actually, I think we've seen something in the past that sort of
tangentially supports this idea. Chris, remember the weird prints you
got on the papers that you shrank in hot water in the bathtub? (A kid
diving off a diving board, is the print I remember). That was a very
definite effect of hot water on the factory sizing of the paper. But I
don't remember what the paper was, or whether there was speckling, or
whether it was even a multiple print.
Katharine