odd pigment question

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 03/12/05-09:38:44 AM Z

Hi all,
I have an odd observation: there is one pigment I have that for some reason
seems to not expose well. It is M. Graham gamboge PY 151, PO 62.

Most of my layers expose the same amount of time, 5 minutes. For some
reason, that pigment sloughs off at that time. Anyone else experience this
with this pigment or any other particular pigment they have used?

It has happened a number of times. All my practice is the same. I measured
the pH of the pigment thinking it might be more alkaline and then "slower",
but it is the same pH. The only other thing I can think of is that for some
reason I brushed on the pigment thicker with this than with others, but
every time and just with this pigment? That seems odd.
Chris