Re: odd pigment question

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 03/12/05-04:26:32 AM Z

Hi Chris,
I haven't used the paint you mention here, although I have used one of
its pigments, PY151, without needing extra exposure beyond my PY110
(BTW; I had a wonderful experience recently; I was down to the next to
last tube of the Graham PY110 that I'd bought up when they stopped using
the pigment. There is an arts supply store just a mile or two from me
which I had never gone into because I assumed it would just be craft
supplies, stuff for scrapbooking and the like, but I needed something in
a hurry so I called them on the chance and found that they carry M.
Graham paint, which I had been driving to Portland to buy, not knowing
there was a source right up the street! Anyway, there I found 6 tubes of
the discontinued M. Graham PY110 gathering dust on a rack. I jumped up
and down and screamed and threw my arms around the startled saleswoman
and generally made a spectacle of myself before sweeping the whole lot
off the rack and carrying them home.) At any rate it's my experience
that different pigments sometimes require different exposures, although
I haven't seen a pattern that would lead me to draw any conclusions
about this.
Katharine