Re: Boiling gelatin

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 03/12/05-02:51:53 AM Z

Ryuji, there's nothing in that earlier quote that contradicts what I'm
saying today. I said there that my experience has been that a hot
gelatin size can result in sizing failure that creates speckles in the
print. I said then that I don't know WHY that is, only that I have seen
that it is so. I also said then that it may be true only with certain
papers or certain hardeners. I now realize that it probably has nothing
to do with the gelatin at all; if I had suspected before that it had
something to do with the gelatin, that would have been a mistake. But I
was very careful to say even then that I didn't know what the cause was,
so it's not like I was ever claiming anything definite about the
gelatin. You may have me mixed up with someone else.
Katharine Thayer