Re: The value of the handmade

From: Dave Rose ^lt;cactuscowboy@bresnan.net>
Date: 03/15/05-11:28:33 PM Z

Greetings from another member of the "old school".

In my opinion, brush mark borders are a feeble attempt to bolster a weak
image that can't stand on it's own merits. Just like the filed-out negative
carriers from an earlier time, it's a fad and a gimmick. I find the brush
marks to be a distraction and nothing more.

Sad to hear that some hucksters out there are creating phony 'alt prints'
using Photoshop trickery and pressing a few buttons.

Don't burn me with flames. As noted, I'm just offering my opinion.

Best regards,
Dave Rose
Powell, Wyoming