Re: Epson 1520 printer...

From: Jack Fulton ^lt;jefulton1@comcast.net>
Date: 05/04/05-08:54:54 AM Z

Up early? It was the flu. But, ahah, am back on the trail toward the
sun's setting.
now, the Photo Rag is doggoned super-duper paper but give the Moab
folks a buzz and have 'em send you a few samples. Tell 'em I sent you.
Try their Entrada Bright White or Natural in either 190 or 300 weights.
Doing recent tests using a Color Savvy Mouse as a densitometer we ran
setp wedges and an image through the QuadTone RIP on to the Epson Fine
Art Smooth and Velvet, Moab Entrada Bright White and the Hahnemhule
Photo Rag. Yes, the Photo Rag has the best density of 2.1 but the
Entrada was a tenth or two off that with the Epson coming in around
1.7-8. The price difference is considerable.
I'll be running through a linearization thingamabob from Roy Harrington
(who visited my class recently . . swell fellow) and also trying to
create some of our own curves. It is a bit dense from the info on his
web site so I might need some of his tutoring since I am more
interested than expert in such things.
Cheers
Jack