Re: Mix it all at once (RE: kitchen recipe for palladium)

From: Clay ^lt;wcharmon@wt.net>
Date: 05/08/05-07:06:13 PM Z

I don't really muck around with the color very much on my prints. I
find I can get all the variations that I really like by changing the
developer temperature or adding some platinum. If I want some real
color, i just do a gumover pass. I like the lithium version because
it seems to solarize a lot less than the sodium palladium, maybe
because it is so hygroscopic and maintains the print humidity a
little better. Horses for courses, I guess.

As far as mixing it up all at once, I do that just because it is
really not one of the more rewarding parts of the process for me, and
I'd rather do it infrequently.

BTW, did anyone every verify or discredit that little statement in
the Arentz book about PdCl reverting to a metallic state if it was
left in powdered form too long?

Clay
On May 8, 2005, at 7:37 PM, Eric Neilsen wrote:

> Clay, Why would you mix it all at once? Is that the only mixture of
> palladium that you use? How do you control the color of your
> prints? Why
> limit your self to just the color range that lithium allows or
> provides?
>
> Eric Neilsen Photography
> 4101 Commerce Street
> Suite 9
> Dallas, TX 75226
> http://e.neilsen.home.att.net
> http://ericneilsenphotography.com

>>> 3.5 sodium chloride
>>> 55 ml water.
>>>
>>> If I am off in any of these, what happens? Is the sodium just
>>> regular table salt with or without iodine? What does it do to the
>>> mix?
>>> TIA,