Re: Gum woes

From: Scott Wainer ^lt;swphoto@verizon.net>
Date: 05/08/05-07:41:47 PM Z

Hi Kate,

I hadn't thought about having too much emulsion. To me the second and third
coats seemed thin but then again i'm just a beginner with gum - most of my
work is with silver gelatin, cyanotype, kallitype, van dyke, salt, and
albumen. Basically I use a 1-1/2" hake to spread enough emulsion to cover an
area a little bigger than the image without puddling, let it sit a minute,
then use a dry 4" hake to smooth out the coat. I have a couple of foam
rollers here somewhere I can dig out, so i'll have to try your suggestion
this week.

Regards, Scott

swphoto@verizon.net