Re: Sizing papers

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 05/30/05-02:04:01 PM Z

> Chris,
> Would you be brave enough ;-) to say that Fab Artistico might be used
> by students for single color without pre-shrinking?
> -Darryl

You betcha, as they say up north! I'll tell ya what I have been doing (just
in case their one coats need an extra coat and the paper has, in fact,
contracted): I get a plate with some water on it and a sponge, and I sponge
the back of the (usually the 16x20 size) print so it looks glossy with a bit
of water all the way over, wait for about 5 minutes for the moisture to
relax the paper, and then over a light box I have taped my neg in place by
eyeball registration. The paper will nicely relax into the neg, as long as
you are watching for that perfect moment of exact size.
Chris