Re: black vs. color inks and gum

From: henk thijs ^lt;henk.thijs@hetnet.nl>
Date: 11/16/05-07:39:16 AM Z

Op 16 nov 2005 om 14:24 heeft Yves Gauvreau het volgende geschreven:

> Henk,
>
> You may be right or not I don't know. The only thing I can say from
> the text
> is that he effectively used both techniques and others as well. The
> author
> says that at some point he favored oils but somewhere else the author
> mention that Misonne as a preference for Fresson. I can't find specific
> information on the prints in the book and my deduction are not to be
> taken
> for granted.

Yves,
That is often the problem with photobooks: the writer has no idea about
the process and tries to hide the lack of knowledge.
Here you could say that all the prints are monochrome , and the Fresson
is a multicolor process. See Luis Nadeau.
You can be pretty sure that the prints in your book are mainly
oilprints and some bromoils.
Cheers,
Henk