Re: pigment

From: Marek Matusz ^lt;marekmatusz@hotmail.com>
Date: 11/21/05-04:32:39 PM Z

Katharine,
Py150 is indeed a very interesting pigment. I got mine from Daniel Smith. It
is called NIckel Azo Yellow. It is a yellow with an olive cast from the
tube, but dilutes to a very nice lemon yellow. It dulutes down with little
color change and it is very, very strong. If you like transparent pigments
this yellow might be it for triclor gums. I have printed a number of
tricolors and it works fine, as a matter of fact I have been switching more
of my tricolor work to use PY150. It is a cool yellow and makes most
wonderful greens with thalo or prussian blue.
I wonder if anybody that prints cyano as a blue layer has tried it.
Marek, Houston