Re: pigment

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 11/22/05-10:15:16 AM Z

Actually, I covered this when I was discussing Prussian blue for
monochrome a couple of weeks ago; although I am used to repeating
things over and over, at least I hope to get to wait a couple of months
before I have to say something again. Anyway, I said then that
Prussian (PB27) is one of the very few pigments where permanence varies
greatly according to brand. M. Graham, Daniel Smith, Winsor &
Newton's paint named "prussian blue" and DaVinci are excellent for
permanence, according to McEvoy's tests. Lukas, Maimaeri Blu and
Rembrandt are marginal. The rest, including another Winsor & Newton
PB27 paint marketed as "antwerp blue" are unacceptable with regard to
permanence. I certainly wouldn't avoid the color just because you have
to be a little selective as to brand; it's a very interesting color.
Katharine