Re: pigment

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 11/22/05-11:15:45 AM Z

Well, I just read through the whole text of handprint's discussion on
Prussian blue, which is most interesting; I recommend it to everyone's
perusal:

http://handprint.com/HP/WCL/waterfs.html

(Choose "blue" and scroll down to PB 27)

He says that the M. Graham PB27, the one I use, is the greenest of the
prussians, which is just another example of the rule that we should
never generalize from our own narrow experience-- I thought prussian
was too green to be good for tricolor, but that may well be true only
of the M. Graham prussian and not of prussian in general. He also says
that the fading and color shift historically has been in paints where
white extenders have been used; it can perhaps be assumed that the
paints which test as totally permanent do not contain these extenders.
  But read it for yourself.

Katharine