Re: Sodium Palladium Chloride for toner

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 11/24/05-11:07:36 AM Z

Joe,

First, Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, and to all who read this.

I don't use any of the toners you mention so don't have a clue as to
what might be going on. However, I have always found toning with gold
to be much more tricky than with palladium or platinum. And I have
never been able to figure out why. There have been times when it work
work perfectly and give a beautiful rich print with a bluish black
color, but other times the toning would stain the paper a nasty
purple/pink color. Plus, the stock solutions don't last as long
either. I am sure there is a solution for this but in the end I like
the warmer tones I get from palladium toning and I have several
hundred grams of palladium chloride to use up so that is what I use.

Look forward to hearing the results of your new tests.

Best,

Sandy