Re: Gum problem(s)

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 11/24/05-01:38:07 PM Z

Not to give anyone the false impression that I don't care about
copyright; I certainly do. I was rather taken aback recently to see
someone's description of the gum process, which consisted entirely of
the first several sections of the text of my web page "Introduction to
Gum Bichromate," lifted verbatim. It's true that I was (sort of)
given credit for the information, but just the same, one wants to say
"What part of 'all rights reserved' don't you understand, exactly?" At
any rate, expropriating someone's writing wholesale and using it for
your own purposes is not the same as making copies of a research paper
for educational purposes, nor is it the same thing as simply citing a
scientific finding, and I hope I haven't clouded those distinctions in
anyone's mind by my sudden confusion about how I feel about copying a
chapter from Kosar.
kt