Re: Chromoskedasic Painting (was: Color Images from B/W Paper)

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 11/30/05-08:02:35 PM Z

Grace,
Can you paraphrase the formula given in View Camera? i have not seen that
article. I have all the Jolly articles on the subject.

I would bet a hundred bucks those "duotone solarizations" of Teske's were
chromos--unless he first did a warmtone sabattier (adding potassium bromide
to the second developing bath) and THEN double toned in strong selenium.
Those rusts are so rust...and look like Jolly's examples in Darkroom
Techniques.

We've gotten deep rusty yellows, pinky mauves, and a lovely bandaid fleshy
color I can send you offlist if you want to see it. But not the colors that
appear in the Lam article. That doesn't mean anything because I have not
had time to push the process.

I do have a couple students doing it for their final project this semester
so maybe they'll come up with more stuff. Jolly's "magenta" is not what I
call magenta, but then again maybe no one was using the right paper.

For instance, with the lumen prints the paper that was brilliant magenta was
forte polywarmtone rc and forte polywarmtone fiber.
Chris