Re: Using Gluteraldahyde; was: Glutaraldahyde activation?

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 10/01/05-01:39:19 AM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

> Don Bryant wrote:
>

> > I'm not sure how the figure of 0.0225% is calculated that you mention.
>
> 9 * 2.5% =.0225 g lutaraldehyde
> 0225/100 = .000225, or.0225%
>
> But using the corrected figure of 150 ml gelatin, it goes
> 9 *2.5% = .0225
> 0225/150 = .015%

This is odd. The decimal point that should appear at the far left of
each of these lines of calculations appears to have been stripped off in
transmission (the decimal points do appear as typed in the copy my
computer keeps in the "sent" folder). In case anyone was trying to work
this out for themselves, they should replace the decimal points to make
it all make sense.

Katharine