Blue-Black Cyanotype & Luster

From: D. Mark Andrews ^lt;mark@dragonbones.com>
Date: 10/02/05-11:37:59 PM Z

I'm trying to achieve a particular look with some cyanotypes I'm working on
and was wondering if anyone on the list can offer some assistance:

#1: I would like my final prints to be a very dark blue-black, similar to
platinum over cyanotope. I would rather not deal with the platinum step so
was wondering if there were any other options. I found some recipes for a
Black toner in both PF and James' Book of Alternative Photographic
Processes, but can't find any examples to judge whether it is the look I'm
after.

#2: I would also like to get a luster on my final image. Has anyone tried
waxing or using any other substance to bring a sheen to a cyanotype?

For reference, I'm getting great results (deep blue, good D-Max) using the
traditional formula at 2 parts A to 1 part B.

Mark