Re: Step test and ES apples to apples

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 10/03/05-06:58:03 PM Z

Gentlemen! START YOUR DENSITOMETERS!

heheheeh actually I am enjoying this thread. As Joe pointed out there are
2-3 different standards besides the ANSI standards, which I think are quoted
both in Dick Arentz's Platinum & Palladium Printing and in Phil Davis's Beyond
The Zone System.

Sandy made a good point regarding digital negatives. Since you can apply a
Process Adjustment Curve, you can get separation up closer to DMax. So it
would seem that another standard might be applied to using digital negatives.
I do a similar calibration to Sandy, going pretty high up on the shoulder of
the PD curve for my print DMax.

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson
Purchase the eBook & PDN System for Your Own Custom Digital Negative Workflow
@
Precision Digital Negatives
PDN's Own 31-Step Tablet Now Available—produced by Stouffer Industries
Coming Soon—Curve Calculator II will let you choose your toes!
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com