Re: Best CI for process

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 10/03/05-06:42:27 PM Z

Eric,

Eric, you described a PT/PD mix you use that has an exposure scale of about
Log 3.0. Do you use this mix for in camera negatives or digital negatives or
both?

I am assuming you use this long exposure scale (very low contrast mix) for a
reason—could I ask what that is? Or perhaps there is more than one reason?

Also, is this based on how you like to shoot/develop your negatives or is it
based on using a mix that you like the print characteristics of, so you
fashion your in camera negatives accordingly.

I'm also assuming you are not using this mix because of Exposure Scale Envy.

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson
Purchase the eBook & PDN System for Your Own Custom Digital Negative Workflow
@
Precision Digital Negatives
PDN's Own 31-Step Tablet Now Available—produced by Stouffer Industries
Coming Soon—Curve Calculator II will let you choose your toes!
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com