Re: Blue-Black Cyanotype & Luster

From: Marek Matusz ^lt;marekmatusz@hotmail.com>
Date: 10/04/05-08:04:57 PM Z

I agree with Dave here. I know a lot of practicioners will jump out and
disagree. The only reason to print gum over cyanotype, or to have the
cyanotype as the first layer is if you want to have a dominant blue print
(dominant purple, etc). I have seen actual printss, tried it myself and seen
scans of prints. The all have the cyanotype cast. I have yet to see a gum
over cyanotype that is correctly color balanced in the shadows and
hihglights. It could be done with perhaps 2-3 printings of each color and
then some corrections. On the other hand I am working on some prints that
require very delicate shadows and the faint cyanotype l;ayer might deliver
just that. Different prcedures for different visions
marek, Houston