Re: Technical Grade Muriatic Acid

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 10/09/05-09:35:38 PM Z

Agreed, Richard.
I have in my possession sulfuric, phosphoric, and nitric acid (aside from
glacial acetic). I have been cleaning out my chems and my darkroom this
weekend in order to set it up, and I am a bit leery of these three...I am
thinking of disposing of them at the chemistry lab at the college, because
in all that I do alt process, I have not needed them as I thought I might.
They were called for in some old mordancage formulae, or dye mordanting,
too...although I notice that they are used sometimes in pt/pd or
something???

Do any of you keep this stuff on hand and, if so, for what process? I am
not making aqua regia...

The only one in plastic is phosphoric, otherwise both in glass. I got them
from Tri Ess which is now defunct, so I hate to dispose of them if I may
need them for some distant future process.
Chris