Saran Film. was: RE: my first van dyke!!

From: Breukel, C. (HKG) ^lt;C.Breukel@lumc.nl>
Date: 10/12/05-02:42:44 AM Z

I have to withdraw my comments on Saran Wrap: that it caused unsharpness in my set-up. Last night I had the change to do some printing (unfortunately these sessions are very infrequent).

When doing some Ziatyping I could not detect any unsharpness by eye when using Saran Film between the paper and the negative. Which is very nice, especially when doing Ziatype, were you want to have a high humidity level in the paper.

Not sure were I based my conclusion of introducing unsharpness with Saran on. Looking back in my early results it might have been that I have printed these Saran tests with a reversed negative, so the unsharpness, which is significant, was caused by the emulsion sides of the neg and the paper not facing each other, not by the Saran film (blush..)

Oh the Saran film I use is called 8E Clear, and has a Gauge of 50GA (if that's a measurement of thickness, I thougth it was used for the diameter of needles), how would that translate into mm?

Best,

Cor